Friday, August 28, 2009

A Moment of Respite




Today, for a few moments, I drank in the glory of God's precious creations. In a difficult moment, I simply stepped out front to watch butterflies dancing across the flowers they were drinking in. I stood transfixed as I cherished the moment of splendor. I had to grab my camera to capture the moments that lay before me, as a reminder of the MOMENT OF RESPITE God had given me. After branding the image into my memory, I walked out back just as a hummingbird was coming down to drink. Another MOMENT OF RESPITE happening before my eyes.

I am ever so humbled by the sweetness of a mighty God who has His eye on me, small, insignificant me. The same God who spoke creation into existence has me on His mind! I can't think of anything that compares to that, can you? Oh my gosh, He cares enough about Barb that He knew at that moment, one of the things that would thrill my heart so much would be glimpes of His creature creations! Man, he's good.

As I ponder the wonders of this universe and I grab hold of what a tiny piece of this BIG creation I am, I am forced to lay humbled, face down, on the floor beneath me. I am nothing and yet, He thinks I'm something! Thanks God, for allowing me A MOMENT OF RESPITE today. You are just too cool!

1 comment:

debseveryday said...

Great post Barb...I love you! Deb