Friday, August 14, 2009

Disciple NOW

This weekend about 50 or more of our youth from grades 6-12 will spend the weekend in bible study, fellowship and lots of fun! We love youth at our church and do our best to invest wisely into their lives. Without clear godly direction, it is simply just too easy to loose our youth to the junk of this world and we don't want to loose any of them.

Satan is so slick and so patient. He does not give up or give in. He wants our youth. He desires to drag them down and it is our responsibility to be Jesus to them. We must DISCIPLE THEM NOW and teach them by example and set a standard for them.

I am so thankful to be a member of a church who pours into the lives of youth. I pray that each of our youth, and I have granchildren involved in this, come back home on Sunday changed forever. I pray that this is the weekend they become sold out for Jesus. They are our responsibility as an older generation to model before them, reprimand them, love them, encourage them, pray for them and show them Jesus.

Thanks RRC for caring about our youth. After all, they are our next generation and we would do well to give that fact some serious consideration the next time we decide we don't want to be bothered with them.

1 comment:

AngelRhoden said...

Dear Barb,
I agree so much. I'm so thankful for Disciple Now. Jake, Em, and I came back last night from vacation so they could be there. What a blessing to the kids and parents!
I've been out of internet service since the first of this week and I have missed checking your blog more than you can know. You are a blessing to me and I have just spent a few minutes trying to catch up with your week and it has reminded me not to forget to pray, and ashamed of days that pass by when I sometimes do forget. You remind me the importance of relying on Him moment by moment and never being foolish enough to think I can be independent from Him.