Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Can YOU Hold Me Lord?

Tonight, I am tired. When we're physically weary, all we want to do is curl up somewhere comfortable and safe and go to sleep.

The thought of curling up into the big arms of Christ and falling gently and safely asleep, sounds so wonderful right now. It brings me immense comfort to know that He holds His arms outstretched to me and I can choose to rest in His arms anytime I want to.

Tonight, as I crawl into my "not-so-comfortable" bed, in my heart, I'm going to be curling up with Jesus and resting in His arms of love.

"Come to me all who are weary and heavy-laden and I will give you rest."
Matthew 11:28

I'm coming Lord, I'm coming and I know you WILL give me rest in your arms. I love you Jesus. Good night.

1 comment:

AngelRhoden said...

"The eternal God is thy refuge and underneath are the everlasting arms" Deut. 33:27-- I always loved hearing Elizabeth Elliot when she would close her radio broadcast remind us of His everlasting arms. There is such comfort there when we can't find comfort in this world. I love you, Barb, and hope that by the time you read this, you've felt a massive dose of His comfort.