Sunday, February 28, 2010

"I'll Praise You in This Storm!"

This morning, as our son Butch worshiped the Lord as he sang, "I'LL PRAISE YOU IN THIS STORM" it was difficult for my mind to stay focused on the moment. My mind carried me back to years ago when his life was different. I relived certain moments, moments of despair as well as moments of clarity in his life. Moments when I would have never believed he could have pulled himself from the wreckage of the mess he'd made then and moments since, when me and his dad have been so proud of him that we could burst. Proud, because he now lives his life NOT for himself, but for the God who made him. The God who has brought him through the storms of his life!

Butch and ALL of us, have been through our share of STORMS in our lives. But the key is learning to PRAISE HIM IN THE STORM! We owe Him all the glory!

"I'LL PRAISE YOU IN THIS STORM
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm"

We must understand, we simply must, that GOD is with us through the storms of life. We may choose to reach out and grab His hand or we may choose to go it alone and rely on our own strength. To choose the first option, is to choose life. To choose the second, is to choose death.

Father, how grateful I am that You are the God of our good days and our bad days. You are God alone and I'LL PRAISE YOU IN THIS STORM!!

1 comment:

"Virtuous Wannabe" said...

Everytime I look at Butch I am reminded of what an awesome God we serve. There are times when you, Butch and Summer stand together on that stage and I could just scream, "PRAISE YOU GOD FOR WHAT YOU'VE DONE AND WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO"....I know bits and pieces of the story and know that God is using Butch in ways that we can't even see. I can't tell you the hope I feel in my own corner of the world when I see the three of you.