Monday, February 8, 2010

Humble Offerings of Thanks

I rise to the sound of twittering birds outside my window and I give Him quick thanks.

Cottage cheese eaten on the run for breakfast and I give Him thanks.

Reaching for cleaning supplies as I hurry through cleaning the house and I give Him thanks for the means to buy the products I am using.

Over a delicious chicken sandwich and chips, I give Him thanks for His provision. I am acutely aware that there are millions who are hungry, as I enjoy the feeling of fullness.

As I flip the switch to begin the process of washing clothes, I give Him thanks that we are able to pay our electric bill and all the luxuries electricity affords us.

The sound of childrens' voices pierces the lingering quiet and I am immediately reminded of the blessings my children have given me.......GRANDCHILDREN. In the door they come after school, telling stories, and hungry, as always. I give Him thanks that they are such a huge part of my life.

As I answer the ringing phone, on the other end, is the sound of Darrel's voice. He's away for a few days and he calls to remind me he loves and misses me already. I give Him thanks for putting him in my path some 40 years ago and bringing us so far over the years.

As the evening begins winding down and I sit here alone, my thoughts run back over the many things in life that I have to be thankful for and I have merely scratched the surface. The kind favor of a King who came for me.....who lavishes so much more on me that I could ever be deserving of....the love that He rains down on me.

Today, I have raised HUMBLE OFFERINGS OF THANKS as I have moved through my day. He is worthy of so much more and yet, He receives my verbal thanks as sweet sound to His ear.......offerings of praise.

I love you Lord.....thank You for all You have provided. I am aware of Your gifts and I am not worthy.

No comments: