Friday, January 29, 2010

38 Years

I was only 18 when Darrel and I married. He was 17. Gosh, can that be true? Could we really have gotten married THAT young? Yep....we sure did.

Foolish????? I'd have to say yes. ALL the odds were against us and I do mean ALL. But somehow, we've made it 38 YEARS now....39 on June 29. Through much struggle AND growth, we've lived and loved 38 YEARS as one.

When I look back over the past 38 YEARS, I honestly have to wonder how we made it those first 8 years before we knew Christ. Now THAT, is a miracle for sure.

Don't really know why I'm writing this post, just been thinking a lot lately about all the years we've spent together, where we came from and what we've come through. Heartaches and disappointments have been many but so have joys and happiness. We've worked through our differences, talked through our finances, discussed our opinions and found common ground through it all through Christ. We've been tremendously blessed with 3 children and 16 grandchildren. We've owned 2 homes. We've learned more about each other AFTER giving our lives to Christ than we ever knew, or cared to know about each other, before Christ.

We have been blessed by God and I am so thankful. 38 YEARS have come and gone and I thank God for everything He has given us, for the wisdom He has imparted because we asked for it and the love He has lavished on us all these years. He has knit us together and I am so grateful.

No comments: