Tuesday, January 5, 2010

She Was the 2nd Born


Some 61 years ago, a chubby cheeked baby girl was brought home from the hospital, SHE WAS THE SECOND BORN daughter, to what would be a family of 3 little girls. Her face was round and she had a head full of hair. SHe was adorable. It would be 5 more years before the baby sister would be born.

This 2nd born sister, is MY sister.....my sister Mary Lou. She has battled and won breast cancer some 20 years ago and now she is in for the fight of her life again as she begins the battle of glioblastoma, or brain cancer. Tonight, she swallowed her very first chemo pill, Temadar, with the first radiation treatment beginning tomorrow.

Please remember my big sister when you pray. God knows her name and I just want to make sure that you do also. Thank you and thank you Jesus. I anxiously wait on the Lord to see just what the future will hold. Knowing HE holds it makes all things well within my mind. May God bless you all.

3 comments:

Mandy Rhoden said...

Praying Mrs. Barb I love you!

Mandy Rhoden said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AngelRhoden said...

Dear Barb, The love you have for your sister is so apparent. It is obvious how you want the most wonderful things for her. It reminds me to cherish my own sister. The love you show for people is contagious. Praying for her tonight.