Thursday, January 28, 2010

Peer Pressure

One of the things I have always abhorred, is PEER PRESSURE. I suppose there are times that it can be a good thing, but for the most part, PEER PRESSURE will change who you are IF you fall into it and not usually for the good.

Just moments ago, my 9 year old granddaughter was commenting on FB that she was going to dress up for Book Character day tomorrow at school. She was pretty quickly told by her little friends that "they weren't that type of person" and they weren't gonna do it. They thought it wasn't cool and they were too old for it!

I'm telling you, I about came through the screen of my laptop! How sad it is that 9 year old little girls are already learning that to "be cool" they cannot do things like dress up as a book character at school! It really bothers me that the pressure to conform to others standards is already being forced down her throat at such a young age. Moments after Yaya got her two cents in and told my granddaughter NOT to listen to those friends and that they were just "little girls" NOT grown women, one of the "little girls" deleted her post! My granddaughter said she guessed she was embarrased by what she said.

PEER PRESSURE is stealing away our children and grandchildren and IF we choose NOT to encourage them in their God given gifts, encourage them in the Word, encourage them to be who GOD has made them to be and encourage them NOT to fall into negative PEER PRESSURE, we will loose them to the world.

"And do not be conformed to this world, but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect." Romans 12:2

No comments: