Sunday, January 10, 2010

"Wisdom" Listens

"Then they will call on me, but I will not answer;
They will seek me diligently but they will not find me,
Because they hated knowledge and did not choose the fear of the Lord.
They would not accept my counsel, they spurned all my reproof.
So they shall eat of the fruit of their own way
and be satiated with their own devices.
For the waywardness of the naive will kill them.
But he who listens to me shall live securely
and will be at ease from the dread of evil."
Proverbs 1:28-33

This was the meat of our SS lesson today. In a nutshell....WISDOM LISTENS.......but those who "hate knowledge" will end up eating of the fruit of their own deeds.

YIKES!!!!

If you want to get wisdom......then listen. Be willing to listen to godly counsel.....First and foremost, our God and His holy Word....then parents, grandparents, teachers, pastors......WISDOM LISTENS!! Those who seek their own desires so much so that they care not what the outcome is, must hate knowledge. Otherwise, they would listen.

Though my flesh screams out from under my very pores and cries for its' own way.....the God who has saved me yearns for me to listen to the voice of WISDOM..........WISDOM LISTENS.

I may not be wise to the world, but I want to be known to the Lord God Almighty as one who listened to WISDOM.

No comments: