Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Thinking

Lately, I've been doing a lot of THINKING. I suppose I'm always doing a lot of THINKING, but the THINKING I've been doing lately has been on the more serious note.

Praying for others is not new to me. I count it an honor and great privilege to pray for others. But the other day while in prayer, I felt more of an overwhelming sense of heaviness than ever before. Not just for those I was praying for, but for God Himself.

I began thinking about the times that my own children have broken my heart, disappointed me, hurt me by their actions or decisions and all of a sudden, my own selfish thoughts turned to how God's heart must feel when His "billions" of children daily hurt Him. I began crying out and felt tremendous empathy, sadness and heaviness at how God the Father must grieve constantly over our actions and decisions. He has poured His love into us and yet so many deny Him, disappoint Him and live just as WE please instead of what would please Him.

THINKING about the billions who have grieved His heart has broken mine.

Maybe God is doing a new work in me.......I'm still THINKING about it all.

No comments: