Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Ball and Chain


Lately, this picture explains perfectly how I've been feeling. It seems like there is an insurmountable list of problems, almost like a BALL AND CHAIN of health issues, relationship stuff, LOST people, disappointment in myself, sadness etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. everywhere I look.......and I am simply overwhelmed. Maybe cause it's just that I'm finally pressing in praying more for others than ever before and I'm more aware of it all. I don't know. Maybe it's just cause I'm so selfish. I just don't know.

My flesh screams out that I want to run from it all, I'm so weary of all the battles. But I know that I cannot. To give in and give up is the evil ones' desire for my life and I will not allow the battle to be won by him. But I admit, this weight of burden is so heavy and so difficult to carry.

Once again this morning, I take it to Him, the Giver of all good things, the Healer of my mind and body, the Peacemaker, the One who calms all storms and I long to hear Him gently whisper in my ear.....

"And He arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still And the wind ceased and there was a great calm."
Mark 4:39

The mere sound of HIS voice, calmed the angry waves. The toiling stopped, the spray was no longer on their faces and the wind ceased its' howling........ALL at the sound of His voice.

Father, I need to hear the sound of Your voice this morning....I need there to be peace. The weight is so heavy for me to bear.

No comments: