Friday, February 26, 2010

Frustrated

OK.....I do understand, I really do but I am FRUSTRATED.

"You're so loud"......
"You nag too much"........
"You don't handle money well".........
"Maybe you need to seek God about that and not ask me"..........
"Are you praying about that?"..............
"You need to learn to be organized"...............
"You waste time"........
"You talk too much"........

These are only a few of the MANY words of wisdom I've had to listen said to me over the years. Some were said to me at a time in my life when I didn't any more want to hear truth than I wanted to be eaten alive by giant snakes! Some of these statements have been said more recently to me.

Usually, the condition of our heart speaks for us, whether we wish it had of or not. Listen to what Luke 6:45 says...

"The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth what is evil; for his mouth speaks from that which fills his heart."

When our heart is not right with God, it is difficult for our mouth to speak right. We don't like correction, we don't like admonition and we take every statement made to us that is meant to help us, as words spoken from the enemy itself. Our hearts are selfish and we want ONLY want WE want. We tend to think so highly of ourselves that the world has to elevate itself to reach our standards, when in essence, it is we who need to be brought down a notch and realize who we really are. If you don't like instruction, then listen to what the Bible has to say about it.

Proverbs 1:7 says this...

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge; Fools despise wisdom and instruction."

I didn't say that....the Lord God Himself did! Don't be mad at me if it touches an angry place within your heart. Believe me when I say, I myself have had things said to me that "could" have made me angry and a few of them probably did before I knew Christ. In the depths of our own hearts, we must look at ourselves in the mirror and examine IF what has been said to us about us, is true. Some people don't even seem to see the error of their ways but if you're not sure that what someone has said about you that seemed so terrible is true, try asking a friend or family member if what was said about you is something they've seen in you. Better yet, why not humble yourself and ask God Himself??

Listening to wisdom can be difficult if the words spoken are true. For myself, I have found that every time wisdom has been spoken to me that made me angry, it WAS something that I needed to work on. It's time for us to grow up and search our own hearts.

No comments: