Thursday, August 12, 2010

My Final Destination


Most of the time when I think about the words FINAL DESTINATION, they conjur up a plane ride to somewhere and the last leg of my journey. Most often, those plane rides take me to either one of my sisters homes either in Pennsylvania or California. I love traveling and being headed for just about anyywhere, always have.

But 31 years ago, I made the decision about where MY FINAL DESTINATION would be. I'm heaven bound when I leave this earth and I often long for the day.

Today during our youth nursing home visitation time, two ladies especially blessed our hearts. Their joy and peace in Christ dripped off of them and literally spilled out onto all of us who were there. When we walked up to 91 year old Mrs. Henry, her smile lit us all up! Although she recently suffered a broken hip, you would never ever know. Mrs. Henry never complains about anything. She praised her Lord and Savior for caring for her, helping her sleep so well and feeling better than she felt she even deserved. Her joy was obvious to each of our youth and spoke volumes to them. Then there was a new friend to us, 99 year old Mrs. Juanita. Her words of wisdom touched the girls and nearly made them cry. Her love for Jesus was open, forthright and so precious. She encouraged our youth to live for Him and daily prepare their lives for the day they too, would meet Him face to face. She and Mrs. Henry both were so appreciative of our visit but they blessed us more than they know.

After our visit today and our sweet conversations with these ladies and others also, it fills my heart with joy to know that MY FINAL DESTINATION won't be by plane.

MY FINAL DESTINATION????? I'm heavenbound....HALLELUJAH!!

No comments: