Monday, August 23, 2010

Goodbye, My Dear Sister






After a 10 month long battle with glioblastoma, brain cancer, my sister lost the fight this morning.
How do I face the rest of this week and the process of the funeral? In the flesh, I have absolutely no idea. I only know this....HE is my Rock, the One I must lean and depend on, more than ever before. He will walk through this with me, just as He has every other difficult time in my life.
There is much I could write about my big sister. I will forever remember the laughter, the jokes, the sister trips we took together, our joy with each grandchild we rejoiced in, the silliness that we all so wonderfully enjoyed and how we could bring the house down, no matter where we were, with our loud laughter!

In this first picture, Lou, Pat & I, posing in front of the B/B we stayed in while in Amish Country a year ago. The second pic is Pat, Me & Lou at Falling Water, in PA. The next pic is Pat, Lou & I at the restaurant at the ski resort where they have a condo. The last two photos were taken the last time we were together. As she waved goodbye, this was the final time I saw her standing up.

All these years, we 3 have been sisters and friends. My heart grieves in the knowlege that she is gone but through the tears, God whispers gently in my ear that He hears my heart and Psalms 56:8 reminds me of this...
"You have taken account of my wanderings; put my tears in your bottle. Are they not in your book?"
HE has caught my tears....he knows the brokenness of my heart.....he knows the depth of my anguish and He cares enough to catch my tears in His bottle.
How can I thank my God enough for this?? Is it possible?? Even now as I write, I feel Him holding my heart in the palm of His hand. It's although He is reaching in to comfort me. Thank You Father, thank You....You know my heart and You hear me.

GOODBYE, MY DEAR SISTER.....tonight I thank God for the 62 years He allowed all of us to know and love you. Your little sister loved you more than you knew and I shall miss you the rest of my days.

Thank you God, for my big sister.....Mary Lou.....

2 comments:

Seann said...

Mrs. Barb,

I love you and I have you in my prayers. You are an incredible woman of God and an inspiration to me.

Love,

Seann

Pat said...

Dear Sweet Little Sister,
A beautiful tribute to Lou. Last week was the most difficult time I have ever experienced. Without you holding me as we said our last goodbyes to Lou on Friday morning, I don't believe I could of made it without you, Bob, Nick and Meredith there. I kept looking into your eyes as you held my arms and it is so true that you can feel your heart breaking. All you spoke of shall remain cherished memories of our sisterhood and Lou will forever remain in our hearts. I love you Barb. Trish