Monday, August 16, 2010

He Walks Among Us!

Some of the sweetest memories I have in my life, are the ones that were quiet moments spent with family and friends. Moments when hearts collided, smiles were shared and a oneness was felt amongst us. You know what I mean, I know you do! Some of my sweetest memories of my sisters are the ones where we were gathered together, walking, talking and sharing our hearts together. I remember years ago when Nancy J. and I used to walk together every morning. Those were precious times indeed. I miss them as they haven't happened in a long time and as for my 2 sisters and I, there will never be another time I will walk with both of them at my side. Those days are now behind with my sisters illness.

There is a comfort when you walk among family and friends. You feel loved and safe, at peace and a part of a bigger picture.

BUT...When I get hold of this verse......

"I will walk among you and be your God, and you will be my people." Leviticus 26:12

Oh man.....OH MAN.....OOOOOOOHHHHHH MAN!!!!

You mean HE, God the Almighty, the Creator, the Sustainer of all things....you mean HE walks with me??? I wish you could see my face right now but most especially, I wish you could see my heart. If you could, you'd see it's smiling right now.

At this season in my life, I find greater comfort than ever before in remembering HE walks with me. How incredible to know that Jesus is not a distant God ruling from His throne.

NOT AT ALL! He is here for us....DAILY....HOURLY....BY THE SECOND!!!

Tonight, I am so thankful that my God....MY GOD.....HE WALKS AMONG US!!! I'm never ever alone. That feels so good inside of me to know.

When you're lonely, afraid, sad, happy or whatever state you're in....HE'S right by your side. Why not go for a walk with HIM right now???

No comments: