Friday, August 13, 2010

Have YOU Left Any Evidence???


For the most part, no matter what we do, we leave behind the EVIDENCE of our actions. If we walk on the beach or new carpet, we leave behind our footprints. We can simply move through any place and leave a hair fallen from our head and our DNA is left behind. If we touch a door knob, our fingerprints are there and can easily be found. If we cook in the kitchen, not only is there a mess there to be cleaned up but even the smell permeating your home is EVIDENCE that you have cooked something.

Now, if we had NOT walked across that sand or carpet, left a fallen hair, touched a door knob or cooked a meal, rightly so, there would be no EVIDENCE of it. We must "do" something for there to be EVIDENCE that we have done it!!!

And so it is with our faith. Anyone can say, "I believe in God." It is extremely easy to speak these words but IF we say we believe in God, then where is the EVIDENCE of it??? Where is the proof that we have left behind from an action that has been accomplished??? What do we do on a daily basis to show the EVIDENCE of our great love for Christ and what He has done for all of us?

Good works are the EVIDENCE of genuine faith, the EVIDENCE left behind wherever faith has gone. In other words, right actions are the fingerprint of your faith. THE EVIDENCE!!!

Where faith exists, the EVIDENCE marks it as genuine.

"Father God, as I walk through this life I've been given, help me to live in such a way that I leave a trail of EVIDENCE of my faith in You. Let that EVIDENCE be sufficient so that someone might follow the trail to You. Thank You God, thank You."

2 comments:

Mandy Rhoden said...

Thank you for this Mrs. Barb I think it may be just what I need I love you, but our Master loves you more ;)

"Virtuous Wannabe" said...

Oh Barb! I am so touched by this. Yesterday my heart was so burdened for some friends that I dearly love. I thought to myself the injustice we often do in this day of so often preached "prosperity gospel" where we tell people they can go to church, memorize scripture, say some prayers...yet don't tell them about the heart transplant that must take place on the day of salvation....the evidence. Thank you for such a great post! I hope you do not mind, I had to share this on facebook!