Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Anchor Holds


Somewhere around 12-14 years ago, Darrel and I were invited to go out onto the ocean on a friends 21 foot dive boat. I was invited along, more for the ride than anything, as everyone else was scuba diving. I am scuba certified but have never, nor will I ever, ocean dive. I admit, I'm just too skittish of all the "stuff" that's in there. Sooooo, on this particular day, I was just going to stay up top while all the guys went down diving.
Now, I was absolutely fine as we traveled about 20 miles out into the ocean. I was enjoying the ocean, the dolphins beside the boat, the wind in my hair and just the wonderful feeling I had while skimming the top of the water.

And then........the boat came to a stop.

The anchor was lowered and the r o c k i n g began.

UGHHHHHH.....As each diver suited up and went down, I got sicker and sicker and sicker. Needless to say, I christened the bow, the stern, portside and the starboard side! It was horrible and I mean HORRIBLE. I thought the guys would never come up from diving and I was sure I was going to loose everything that was within me and wither away to nothing before someone saved me from my obvious fate....death by vomitting!!!!!!!!!!! The anchor was holding steady but I was about to pass out! UGH AGAIN!

Have you ever experienced a time where turmoil abounded and you felt you could not go on? Maybe you were physically sick, like I was that time. Maybe you're spiritually sick or maybe you're even simply sin sick. Whatever, it doesn't seem to matter because we serve a God whose ANCHOR HOLDS through whatever type of storm you shall ever pass through.

When our faith abounds in Him...when we are anchored deep into the arms of Christ....when we have made the conscious choice that we are rooted and grounded firmly in Christ, we can rest assured that THE ANCHOR HOLDS! We shall not be washed ashore, washed aground, torn apart, drown or lost at sea!!!

THE ANCHOR HOLDS!!! We are safe....we've already been rescued!!! HALLELUJAH KING JESUS!!!

No comments: