Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The littlest of things


So here I am, continuing to try to figure out how all of this works....my head hurts, my brain is tired and my arthritic fingers hurt from moving around the keyboard so much! How pathetic is that! Ah well....it is such a tiny insignificant thing to desire to get this thing figured out, BUT, if I can be assured that God even cares about finding "Hank" a home, then I KNOW without a doubt, God cares about this little thing and He will help me figure it out! Forgive my simplemindedness, but that is my makeup! Ah well...

You know, laughter is such a wonderful gift God has given us. Here in this blog you'll see a picture of 7 of the reasons I smile AND laugh a lot! Aren't they precious? "A cheerful heart is good medicine..." Proverbs 17:22. Hmmmmm, none of us like the word "medicine," but in this instance, we understand that medicine always helps us to get better. So, we can see that Solomon was telling us that laughter makes our hearts and our attitudes better just as medicine makes our physical body better!!! I love it! How wonderful of God to give us the gift of joy. With joy, laughter naturally follows. When we laugh, we cannot cry and feel hopeless. Laughter naturally lifts our spirits and brightens any dark situation. I learned to laugh lots and laugh loud as a little child and I'm still laughing! Again, one of the "littlest of things," laughter, but how I appreciate it. Just today, laughter filled the house as the kids and I belly laughed over ridiculously silly things that others wouldn't even think were funny. It was grrrrreat! Thank you God for laughter and the hope in living that laughter brings.

Sleep is beckoning me and I must give in to it.....yawn, yawn, yawn! Life is good and I am thankful for all of the "littlest things" that God has given me and cares about in my life. He is good, He has a sense of humor and He brings me joy immeasurable...in fact, I'm laughing right now!!! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Barb...I can picture you laughing right now...over my years at RRC and many long talks with various young ladies in the church, your name has been brought up on several occassions....your name is synonomously linked to joy, that is what you are known for! Yes, God does care that you "figure this blogging thing out"...because He knows it will be one more way for you to minister....looks like you've got it to me.

IC Jesus said...

Barb,

When I think of you laughing one very precious memory always comes to mind....

Remember the entire arena at the Dixie Stampede being brought to a halt because we could not control our laughter? What a fabulous trip & a wonderful time in my life.

Sometimes when we are at an event at church & I hear your laughter from far away it just makes me smile. Sometimes someone will even comment "Well, Barb is here!!"

Your joy and attitude about life is contagious - that is one of the many many things I love about you!!!

Always, Angel