Sunday, June 15, 2008

HE Knows Them ALL By Name!!



This morning, our pastor used Psalm 144:3 to begin his message: "Lord, what is man, that You take knowledge of him? Or the son of man, that You are mindful of him? He entitled his message, "Always On My Mind" and reminded us over and over that God truly is mindful of us. He makes it His business to know us in a personal way for we are His children, the work of His hands. Just as I personally know my 3 children, the color of their eyes, their smiles, their haircolor, their personalities, their struggles, their hurts. I am invested in their lives. If we don't think for a moment that the God of the universe is not invested in each of our lives, then we don't have a brain! How could the God who created us not care about each of us? He is always thinking of us just as most of us parents are always thinking about our children. My children are now 35, 33 and 28, but that doesn't make me think of them any less often than when they were little. I think of them every day constantly. Guess what??? God loves us even much more than we love our own birthed children! Our pastor then began to describe the heavens, the stars and the immenseness of it all. I could have jumped up and shouted for I LOVE this verse that He showed us..."He counts the number of the stars, He calls them ALL by name!" Psalm 147:4. OH MY GOODNESS! Here's where this gets absolutely mind boggling and even more wonderful! NASA has estimated that there are a billion trillion stars in those gorgeous heavens and the Word says HE KNOWS THEM ALL BY NAME! Now folks, if that doesn't blow you right out of your chair there's a problem somewhere. The God who created this universe cares so much that He has personally named each and every star in this huge galaxy of ours! Now if He cares that much about the stars, think just how much He must care for you and I. WOW...so He does have knowlege of us, or is mindful, of us AND He cares even about little old me. My heart soared as I listened to our pastor as I contemplated the ginormous(!!) number of the stars and just the bigness of that thought. My small dried up brain can't even begin to envision that but I do know this....My God KNOWS MY NAME AND HE CARES ABOUT ME! Oh what joy, what comfort, what hope there is in that thought. Thank you Lord that you are mindful of me and you cared enough to name each and every single of those billion trillion stars out there! WHAT A MIGHTY GOD WE SERVE!

No comments: