Friday, June 13, 2008

When Pathways Cross


Today my path crossed the path of a new friend. Two totally different people on two totally different pathways and yet, the Lord seemed to want us to come together at this time in our lives. The wonder of it all, the unknown and the excitement make me tremble with joy. I have often wondered about random meetings with people in the grocery store, doctors offices etc. Just yesterday, I had a random encounter with a young woman who sat beside me. There has always appeared to be something about my face that says to people..."Go ahead, spill your guts out, she'll listen and she cares" cause that's the way it's always been for me. That's exactly what this woman did. I shall never know why, but she almost immediately came in close to me and shared a piece of her life and what she was struggling with at the moment. I did my best to encourage her and let her know there is a God who cares. Without a doubt, I know in my heart that God places people in our lives often for us to simply encourage at the moment and let them know we will pray for them. Typically we never see these people again, even though they leave an impression on our heart. These are people that God sends our way to just share a little of His love with...seed planting opportunties. But sometimes, God causes people to cross our pathway for more deliberate reasons. It's obvious that He has a purpose and a specific plan that He wants to accomplish. Today, I've made a new friend and I'm thankful she has crossed my pathway at this time in my life. I do not understand completely why, but then neither did Noah when God told him to build a huge boat because a flood was coming. It didn't matter that Noah had never even seen rain, he just was obedient and trusted God and most of us know the rest of that story! Although I can't see the bigger picture...I trust Him and I know that He has something good in store for both of us. I'm so thankful that our pathways have crossed. I can almost see that rainbow in the distance!

1 comment:

Tracy Riley The Adoption Authority said...

I know that I am truly blessed to have crossed paths with you! My life would not be the same if the Lord had not blessed me with you, Barb. Although our paths crossed due to a unique situation, I'm so glad that we have connected. My children adore you and see Jesus in you. I feel truly honored to know you! You are a great example of the kind of wife and mom that I strive to be. Thank you for the blessing you are, the example you are, and most of all, for all of the Jesus that I see in you.