Saturday, June 7, 2008

Planting...




As I was working in the yard this morning 3 more of my grandchildren were on my heart. I don't have the opportunity to see them like I see Butch's and Summer's children and so I have not had the priviledge of nurturing our relationship as much as the others. As I was working on "planting" some flowers, I thought of them and wondered have I been diligent enough in their lives to "plant" seeds of the Lord in their lives. Charlie is grown now with Bradlie right behind him as a teenager and Natalie still a little girl. I pray I haven't failed them in "planting" Christ in their lives as much as I should have/could have. They are precious to me and even more precious to the Lord. Today, as I complete the "planting" process in my yard, I'm praying that my "planting" process will never be over in their lives and that I'll diligently press on to be a godly role model to them. Help me Lord "plant" seeds of You to them and to the world.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Barb...I can't imagine any grandchild of yours being around you and not receiving a whopping dose of Jesus! Your joy shines through in all things....isn't it just awesome how God uses the daily activities in our lives to spur a thought. Speaking of planting, Mike and I had a similar occurance a few weeks ago when we were working in our yard....several years ago, we had a plant that sat in a dry, sandy patch in our yard, it was living but that's all, just there...we never watered it, we never fertilized it, we never really cared about it....it was quite ugly to be honest, then because it was in our way, we dug it up and transplanted it to another area in our yard, to our property line with a neighbor that has a "green" thumb....the neighbor would water and fertilize this plant along with the other plants on the fence line, this plant has "taken off", not only is it gigantic, it's also pretty and even blooms once in awhile...and has lots of new growth to boot! Mike and I were talking about he importance of nurturing (watering and fertilizing) and the growth and abundance that takes place with that nurturing....you just keep nurturing those sweet grandchildren with your love, your guidance, your prayers, and your knowledge of our Savior...I can't wait to see what God is going to do in and through them in years to come....