Friday, June 6, 2008

Kindness


Yesterday was nursing home day with the youth at church. Praise God, 10 showed up to go visit. I was thrilled. You never know how many will come, but I always pray that God will speak to their hearts and they'll stop what they are doing and come. Kindness...when I was growing up, it was a huge part of what we were taught. Where has kindness gone??? How blessed I am to say that I know for a fact, it STILL does exist at our church and even in our very own youth!! To know that 3 high school girls and 6 middle schoolers took time out of their busy day to show "kindness" to those confined to the nursing home, blesses my dirty white sox right off my feet! :) One precious lady shared with us how fortunate she feels that we come see her and how we light up her day. Two other ladies had been saving their little bags of cookies for the kids for the next time we came in. Although we were trying to be a blessing to them, they were so excited to share something with us also. How blessed it is to give AND to receive!! Thank you Jesus for "kindness" and for our youth who are learning daily about servanthood and the value of kindness.

No comments: