Friday, January 23, 2009

Simple Pleasures 1

Today I was browsing some of my MANY MANY MANY shots of grandchildren and had forgotten I had taken this one of Butch and Karli! It was summertime, school was out and obviously, they were bored! As only children can, they made their own fun by pulling out a couple of laundry baskets, climbing in, pulling a blanket up over them and finishing off with a pillow from the couch to make themselves comfortable. THESE are the pictures that I shall cherish as the years go by AND these are the photos that Yaya just might pull out in about 10 years and show around! Naw...I wouldn't do that! Anyway, just thought this was too adorable, but then EVERY picture of grandchildren is ADORABLE!

Ah, the simple pleasures in life that can be found when you use your imagination and think like a child. How I wish we adults thought more like them.

1 comment:

"Virtuous Wannabe" said...

Isn't that the truth....I would give anything to have that "childlike" mind again in terms of innocence and believing! This is precious...they too will treasure these memories forever...Shanna & Seann talk often about some of the "special" and unique things there grandmother did for them when they were young...