Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A New Love In My Life!






I am now the proud owner of a 2 year old female Golden Retriever who has stolen my heart in a matter of a few days! As you can see in the picture taken today, my grandchildren adore her and she adores them. Today, the 5 of them spent about 2 hours playing together in the front yard. This wonderful dog has the typical Golden attitude about life and people...happy all the time and loves everyone! She's a gem and an answer to prayer for me. I'm so grateful to the wonderful people who were her first family and loved her so much. They taught her great manners and she's a joy. I'll never be able to thank them enough for bringing this dog into my life and allowing me to be her new owner.

Somehow, some way, she reaches a place deep within my heart that needed to be filled. If you're not an animal lover as I am, you probably can't understand where I'm coming from. But for me, this dog fills a small void in my life and has already after only 4 days brought me tremendous joy.

Her family called her Felish....but yesterday as I was thinking about my father and how much he would have loved her, a long ago memory came to my mind. I remember when I was a child, my father took me to a Chicago Cubs game at Wrigley Field. I remember holding his hand, eating popcorn and hot dogs as the vendors came by and cheering with my dad. It was a magical day with my dad, a day I'll never forget. Hmmmmmmmm......."Wrigley"........THAT WAS IT! A new name was born to her....a name that will always bring back sweet memories of my father and days long ago and will only make me cherish her more.

Welcome to the family Wrigley. You are loved and I'm blessed to have you in my life.

2 comments:

debseveryday said...

Welcome to the family Wrigley!

trish said...

You are a lucky dog Wrigley---for I know how she will love you---because she loves me too.