Friday, January 16, 2009

FREE for ALL

Ok...Ok...Ok....Before I blog this morning, I feel compelled to assure the one or two of you who read my inner thoughts that I AM AWARE that MANY of my blogs involve animals. Most people don't understand my deep love and connection for them ALL, which can be frustrating for me. I just want everyone to love them, but they don't. But animals have taught me so VERY much throughout my life and they continue to do so. It's only natural for me to use them often.
Now for my thoughts and observations early this morning...
As I always do every morning, I walked in to the dining room and lifted the blinds inside the french doors to see what the temp is outside and then to see what little critters were out there. As I lifted the blinds, a big orange and black cat came out from behind my freezer and just stared at me, then jumped through the torn screen and ran away. I realized he had been keeping himself warm from the heat coming out of the back of the freezer. FREE heat for any little critter smart enough to find it.
Then my gaze immediately went to my bird feeder, which gives me great joy! As there are every morning, I watched the red-headed woodpecker, a pair of cardinals, blue jays, and chickadees taking their turns at the feeder. FREE BIRDSEED FOR ALL! On the ground were at least a dozen doves eating what the others knocked or dropped to the ground. FREE BIRDSEED FOR ALL! Then, further out in the yard were a pair of fat robins pulling worms from the ground. FREE WORMS FOR ALL!
Our Lord and Savior also offers a FREE gift. Every moment of every day, He holds out His hands and offers a new life in Himself to any who would receive it. The absolute BEST and most life changing gift anyone could ever receive. He calls out from heaven...FREE FOR ALL......a relationship with Me that will change your life and give you even better....ETERNAL life! No one can top that!!!
Today He waits for those who will come to Him and accept His gift that is FREE FOR ALL.
Even the creatures that HE created know a FREE gift when they see one.
I pray that the creatures He created in HIS likeness will wake up and come to Him today!
"FOR THE WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH, BUT THE FREE GIFT OF GOD IS ETERNAL LIFE IN JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD" Romans 6:23

1 comment:

"Virtuous Wannabe" said...

AMEN & AMEN! I am forever thankful that I don't have to earn His love and that He loves me when the rest of the world may not!