Friday, January 2, 2009

A BIG Goal Accomplished

One year ago, our senior pastor encouraged our fellowship to read through their bibles in a year. As I listened, all I could think of was the many times oves the years that I have tried to accomplish this goal, but by the time March came around, I had already failed. It has always been a deep desire of mine and I wanted desperately to complete this challenge.

As I listened to him, he literally mapped out for us exactly how he goes about reading through his bible through the year. He said that if you will start in Genesis and read 3 chapters, turn to Matthew and read 2 chapters, turn to Psalms and read 1 chapter and then finish with 1 chapter in Proverbs, and continue by reading the next chapters every day, then by the end of the year, you will have read all the way through. IF you read everyday, you will actually be finished before the end of the year, but this allows you some opportunities to miss a day without getting behind. He also encouraged us to get a notebook, date each entry as I read, log what I read for that day and then journal about what I read if I felt something in particular touched my heart or spoke to me.

I'm so grateful to our pastor for this challenge. He made me feel like I COULD do it and he continually encouraged us all through the month of January and even in to February. I truly appreciated that and I'm so excited that I can NOW say that I have read my bible cover to cover.

My goal is the same for this year also...read it through again and see how the Lord changes what He reveals to me each year I read through.

Thank you Lord for your Word that feeds me, reveals yourself to me, encourages me and keeps me focused on you and your will for my life. Oh yes, thanks to our pastor too!!

1 comment:

debseveryday said...

I am soooo proud of you and Cathy!!! You both have inspired me to push through and finish, however long it takes me. I want to be able to have that testimony too. Love you, my sister--Deb p.s. I'll get your giveaway goodies to you on Sunday! Yeah!!! :)