Friday, December 26, 2008

In My Sadness....I CAN Still Rejoice

This afternoon, I said goodbye to someone I loved dearly. I only knew this dear gentleman for 3-4 months, but somehow, I felt as though I'd known him a lifetime.

This afternoon, Don went to be with Jesus. I miss him already but I know where he is and I know he's dancing on streets of gold and he's singing again, which he loved dearly. Just this morning, I sang two of his favorite songs to him. Now, he has the strength to sing again himself!

I will miss him so much, but I rejoice knowing he's in the hands of Jesus now.
...."twas grace that brought me safe thus far and grace will lead me home."

Today, Don was led home by the "grace" Giver. He's at peace now, whole, breathing easily, and praising God.

Thank you Lord for Don. Take good care of him for me.

2 comments:

Sheryl said...

Barb,
I am so sorry to read about Don. I know that he is so special to you and I loved hearing you talk about him. I am so thankful that our Lord sent you to be with Don in his last days, a true angel among us! I love you and please remember I am here for you, please let me know what I can do.
Sheryl

Unknown said...

Barb---My Sweet Loving Giving Always Showing Jesus to Others Sister,
You were part of a miracle God wanted in Don's life. An instrument of His love here on earth. You not only blessed Don, Mary and Don's children, you blessed me in sharing your story for it is now a memory in my heart, one more of which my little sister shows her love by example. I love you. Please begin to take care of yourself. Trish