Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Can you spare $1.59?

Not many days ago, we all stood helpless as we watched gas prices soar higher than we've ever seen them. I felt as though Darrel had chained me to the house! I was daily reminded..."DON'T DRIVE ANYWHERE UNLESS YOU HAVE TO!!!" And so, I saw alot of these dirty walls within my house!!!

Well, now that the insanity is at least temporarily behind us, we can all breathe a sigh of relief. But that brings me to my title question...

So....what CAN you do with a mere $1.59??? My first thought is this...$1.59 will buy you 1 gallon of gas here in my small Florida town and in the average vehicle, I'm guessing that will allow you to drive somewhere between 12-25 miles. Now that may not sound like very many miles you can drive but let's look at it this way. WHO within the amount of miles 1 gallon of gas would cost you, could use a visit today??? There are many lonely people out there who would love to see your face today? Or, how about driving down to our Care Center and volunteering for a couple of hours? You could spend $1.59 on a card for someone that would love a piece of mail.

It's true, $1.59 won't buy gold in these days, but the gifts from the heart that you could give for that amount are worth much more than pure gold to people. Why not give it a little thought and see what other ideas you can come up with.

Now...go dig under the cushions, under your car floormats and in the bottom of your purses, scrape up that $1.59 and let God use you to be a blessing. Someone is waiting for you.

No comments: