Monday, March 8, 2010

Blessings Always Follow Obedience

I don't think I could count the number of times I have heard our senior pastor make this statement...

"BLESSINGS ALWAYS FOLLOW OBEDIENCE"

I have seen evidence of this statement over and over and over again. Not only in my life but in the lives of my family and friends. As Novella said this past weekend, "It seems like such a simple concept." (Those may not have been her exact words but it was the gist of her statement)

It IS such a simple concept, but one that seems so difficult for all of us to grab hold of. If we want to be blessed, then simply be obedient! Could it be that easy??

I believe it can.

But NOT in the flesh. The flesh cries out for obedience to itself. The flesh is selfish and prideful and only wants to please its' longing. We can be slaves to our flesh all our lives, doing whatever it hungers for.

But in the LORD, obedience can flow like the tide in the ocean. Its' coming in and going out appears natural, normal and rhythmic. It happens because its' supposed to, plain and simple. Obedience CAN be this way for us but only when we walk with the Lord Himself.

On our own, we will stumble and fall constantly and obedience to God will be impossible. Through the Holy Spirit though, it can flow like the tide...natural and normal.

BLESSINGS ALWAYS FOLLOW OBEDIENCE.........I have to wonder how many hundreds upon hundreds of blessings I have missed because of my disobedience.

If I am going to be a slave to anything.....Lord, let me be a slave for You and help me be obedient in all things.

No comments: