Thursday, April 15, 2010

They Compel Me Forward





I am very aware, more aware than ever, that I am a mere 3 years and 1 month away from being 60. It almost frightens me to see it in type. In my head, it cannot be possible that I could be nearing 60. But my body tells me it is true, as does my birth certificate, and so I know it's truth.

But through my church, I have had the priviledge for 16-17 years now, to work with and serve alongside our youth. THEY COMPEL ME FORWARD and give me the gusto to move forward and keep pushing, even when I don't feel like it. Seeing them in action, teaching them, watching them mature and watching them serve, gives me great purpose and joy.

Today, 7 of our precious young ladies, descended upon the home of one of our widows to serve her in whatever capacity we could to be a help. She asked us to do her windows and screens and then fed us a wonderful meal afterwards. I watched these precious young women of God jump right in and complete the task with joy. They help me remember the importance of pushing myself to spend time and effort with them. THEY are worth any effort I am able to put forward.

With humility and thankfulness, I praise our Kinsman Redeemer for allowing me the privilege of knowing and loving these girls. THEY COMPEL ME FORWARD and remind me of my responsibillity to those younger than I.

2 comments:

debseveryday said...

so glad to see you posting again :) Sierra told me this morning at the office how much fun she had at Mary Ann's...what a blessing to hear that serving another was "fun"~ keep pouring into them Barb, there is visible fruit! love you ~Deb

"Virtuous Wannabe" said...

What an awesome group of young women we have in our church with a willing heart to serve in whatever capacity is needed. How awesome that god is using you to mentor and mold them.