Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Who Were They???

For months now, I have searched my ancestry and found some very interesting things. But, THE most important thing that I want to know, I can find little about. It's so cool to know that some of my family served in our military, held positions of honor, owned land and businesses and came from Ireland, England and beyond. They had children and grandchildren like me, husbands and families.

BUT....what I want to know is this.....Did they know Christ? Were they passionate about their relationship with Him? Did they spread His Gospel and serve in their local bodies of Christ? How I wish I knew and how I wish I could talk to them. So much I'd like to know but more than anything, I want to know if we shared our FAITH and if I am a product of them because of the faith they had. Did they pray for me? Did they ask God generations ago that I would know Christ as my Lord?

I'll never know them but this I do know. THE best way to thank them is to do the same for the generations to come of my family that I will never know.........PRAY for them. Tonight, I am reminded that just as sure as I sit here and think of them, they must have thought of me.....me and my family and so many more. So tonight, I pray for those whom I might never know and I remember this from Psalms...

"The counsel of the Lord stands forever, the plans of His heart from generation to generation." Psalms 33:11

WHO ARE THEY???? I shall never really know but how incredible to know that God knew them.

No comments: